The Municipality of Bowman is currently working on setting up a environmental management committee for the southern islands of Lac du Poisson Blanc. We strongly encourage the creation of such a management committee, which would provide the necessary equipment – firewood, ice packs, emergency services – to reduce the impact of these activities on the environment.
In the meantime, we have volunteers who will regularly monitor sites on the islands: the Brown family will take photos and publish them on our Facebook page.
Would you like to help preserve our natural environment by monitoring a site between June and September?
Contact Rick Brown by email to become part of the team: click here
Here’s what’s involved:
- Visit your site once or twice a month.
- Bring a garbage bag to clean the site if the users have left garbage behind.
- A shovel to clean metal or glass on the site and bury the excrement, if possible.
- Look for signs of vandalism (cutting of green trees, etc.).
- Take some photos to share your visit on Facebook or send them to us click here
- Contact us if you notice anything abnormal.
Here is the sign that’s been installed on some sites to educate users.
This is an environmental project in cooperation with the Regional Park and the Base de plein-air AIR-EAU-BOIS
Interested in reading their report for 2018?
I WANT TO BE A GUARDIAN ANGEL FOR AN ISLAND
PLEASE SEND YOUR REQUEST TO US BY EMAIL: click here
Sébastien sent us some photos showing what’s involved:
A great way to educate your kids to be aware of their actions and the impact on nature!