The Municipality of Bowman is currently working on setting up a environmental management committee for the southern islands of lac du Poisson Blanc. At this time, we do not know its structure or if the Base de plein-air will be the trustee of the islands.
As an Association, we favour these two concepts: 1) The Poisson Blanc Regional Park 2) The Trente-et-un-mille Lake Regional Park.
We strongly encourage the creation of such a management committee which:
Would become the GUARDIAN ANGELS OF THE ISLANDS having an environmental component and not only a source of profit for the municipality or the organization;
Provide the necessary equipment to enhance the users’ stay, such as firewood, ice packs, emergency services, etc.
By the time this project is implemented, we will have volunteers who will regularly monitor certain sites on the islands. Specifically the «Browns Family» that will take photos and publish them on our Facebook page.
DO YOU want to work to preserve our natural environment and thus monitor a site between June and September.
YES I WANT TO VOLUNTARILY MONITOR A ISLAND SITE BUT HOW ?
Contact Rick by email to be part of the team: click here
- You can choose a site on the map (below)… blue or orange dots or choose one that you know.
- Do not choose a site with a BLACK point (reserved for the Regional Park).
- Once or twice a month you will visit your site.
- Bring a bag in order to clean the site if the users have left garbage behind them.
- A shovel to clean metal or glass on the site and bury the excrements, if possible.
- Look around the site for vandalism (cutting of green trees, etc.).
- Take some photos to share your visit on Facebook or send them to us click here
- Contact us if you notice anything abnormal.
We do not encourage the expansion of these sites or the misuse of these rustic sites.
Here is our sign which has been installed on some sites, at our expense, in order to educate users!
A great way to educate your kids or friends to be aware of our actions and there consequences on nature!
This is a environmental project in cooperation with the Regional Park and the «Base de plein-air AIR-EAU-BOIS» and not a permanent reservation for a camping site !
Interested in reading their reports for 2018?
I WANT TO BE A GUARDIAN ANGEL FOR A ISLAND
PLEASE SEND YOUR REQUEST TO US BY EMAIL : click here
Sébastien send us some photos explaining what its all about:
Some members are seriously involved … Here is a rudimentary toilet that was made by Ray in 2016.
A great way to educate your kids or friends to be aware of their actions and their consequences on nature!
If you are embarking as a GUARDIAN ANGEL you are asked to SHARE PHOTOS ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE or contact Rick or us !
I WANT TO BE A GUARDIAN ANGEL FOR A ISLAND:
Contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org