Yes, our AGM is coming in June!
You want to know what we accomplish in 2017, meet your neighbours, know what projects we will be working on in 2018, know the concerns of other members on our two lakes or just to ask for some information this is the place to be:
AGM date and time
SATURDAY, June 16 as of 11 am
(Registration and renewal 10:30 am to 11 am)
Location: LE LACALONG restaurant
101 chemin du Lac Sainte Marie
(in front of the fire station)
LAC SAINTE MARIE
Here is our AGENDA:
20180616 starting at 11AM
A « TIME MASTER » IS CHOSEN
PROCEDURES + instructions for conduct of the meeting with time limit (update Varia and photo)
ADOPTION OF THE MINUTES OF OUR 2017 AGM
PRESENTATION OF OUR MERIT CERTIFICATES
1. Regular member vs Associate member:
Regular member: To be admitted as a regular member, you must have either a property on a body of water draining directly into lake Poisson Blanc or have a notarized right of way to this body of water. You must pay a annual membership fee fixed by the Board of Directors. A regular member may attend meetings of members, has the right to speak and has the right to vote.
If a residence has more than one owner, the co-owners must designate among them, the person who will be a regular member. Other co-owners may join as associate members.
Associate member: Other co-owners and anyone interested in the mission of the Association can become an associate member by paying their annual membership, which is fixed by the Board of Directors. Associate members may attend activities and meetings of members and may speak but are not entitled to vote. They cannot be elected as directors unless a majority of the elected directors accept.
2. Representation by sector:
Given the size of the body of water draining directly into lake Poisson Blanc, it is important that all owners are represented. To facilitate this representation, each area is represented, if possible, by a regular member of the Board of Directors. This representative receives the title of vice-president and represents the interests of regular members of his sector.
REPORT FROM OUR VICES-PRESIDENTS :
- Newton bay area
- Bowman area
- Newton lake area
COMMITTEE REPORT ON THE BUOYS
A election president is chosen;
Candidates who are required to be seconded by a member are presented.
The distribution of roles will take place at the special meeting of the Board of Directors, which will take place immediately after the AGM.
10 MINUTES BREAK
NEWS FROM THE MUNICIPALITY OF LAC SAINTE MARIE
UPDATE FROM OUR COMMITTEES :
Social Events :
1. CAMPFIRE: Saturday the 28 of July or 11th of August at Marcel’s cottage. Story telling & animation by a professional musician.
2. PONTON TOUR: with historical animation with George Mellean to one or some sites on the lake. Saturday the 28th of July. Details coming up later.
3. BIKE TOUR: To be announced on Facebook for those interested. Thank you David!
4. Our ANNUAL CORNROAST: Saturday the 4th of August starting at 10:45am. Entertainment with the musical group « SOP » with animation. Badminton & horseshoe competition, 50/50, buffet, prizes, silent auction & other games. Donations will be welcome. Other details coming soon.
5. FISHING TOURNAMENT: If someone or a group wants to organize it?
- Continuation of transparency tests on the lake with the help of Joanne Paradis et Diane Faucher;
- Monitoring for the presence of water milfoil / zebra mussel.
Vandalized Sites on the islands:
- 7 sites are monitored by volunteers.
- Cleaning chore of some islands in cooperation with the park and Air-Eau-Bois.
Recruiting and publicity :
A volunteer ?
Photos & History:
- All photos are published on our website. including history.
- Photo contest for our Facebook page and website.
Questions from the members.
END OF THE MEETING ±noon.